Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Reader's Response to THREE CROSSES

I received an email from Daniel - a 17-year old who recently read THREE CROSSES. He was in his art class where Pamela (the THREE CROSSES dedication recipient) is the teacher and he was complaining about how his girlfriend is always reading. Apparently he's not an avid reader. Pamela suggested he try reading THREE CROSSES and loaned him her copy. He needed some persuading, but Pamela convinced him that his girlfriend would be happy if he showed some interest in her favorite hobby. Lo' and behold, a reader was born ...

Once again persuaded by Pamela, Daniel sent me my first "fan letter" since the re-release of THREE CROSSES.

" I hate books but Pamela (his art teacher) kept telling me I would love your book cuz your friends and id like it. I like it a lot. I liked the people in it and thought *** (spoiler alert!!) was the killer. Denise (his girlfriend) is going to read it next."

I asked Daniel if there was anything else he liked about THREE CROSSES and he said "it was easy (to read) and awesome."

Daniel, thank you so much for the incredible compliment. Pamela, thank you for not only pushing THREE CROSSES but for converting a non-reader to a reader.

And there you have it ... me flying high:-)

2 comments:

  1. Always Happy to hear of converts to books!
    Opens up a whole new world...
    Keep on Reading & Enjoy!

    C. L. is a new author to me but I am excited
    for the next book out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's good to hear, because the majority of my day was spent working on the next book. Look for it in the fall! And thank you for sharing your excitement:)

    ReplyDelete