Thursday, July 21, 2011

Not Quite a Book Review - THE CASTAWAYS

Title: THE CASTAWAYS. Author: Elin Hilderbrand. This is the 1st title I have read by this author. Overall, I was very invested in the characters. At first I had to bounce back and forth between what I was reading and what I had read simply because the author has 8 main characters, each chapter told from the POV of a different character. I needed reminders who was with who. But once I had it somewhat under control, I enjoyed the storyline, the setting, and the character development. I thought it was a very well plotted book and like I said, I really became invested in the characters. Did I have a favorite character? I did. If you ever read the story I would be interested in knowing which character is your favorite and why. To summarize the story - there are 4 couples - a tight knit group of best friends who live on Nantucket. One couple dies in an accident on the water and their death unsurfaces years of secrets and betrayals amongst the group. It is also a story of emotional healing and love. I recommend this novel for all (mostly the female population) who enjoy a suspenseful romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment