Friday, August 19, 2011

Writing Project(s) update

ABR is somewhere around page 35. I shut down yesterday without looking at the page number. Would be happier with a faster pace but can't really complain considering I write in snippets here and there. Snipets or snippets? Thank goodness for spellcheck - snippets, in case your are wondering too. Or perhaps you already know that and are thinking "she's a writer?" Re-reading "Cherry Cola" yesterday. Needs some serious improvements but good concept. Thinking that I would fix that up and create a little book or maybe put several short stories together and make a small anthology. Sounds like fun. I'll give it some serious consideration and time once ABR's 1st draft is complete - give it a chance to brew a little bit. Plus I need to investigate the whole book cover thing. How/where do other indie writers get their book cover designs? I can't keep having THREE CROSSES artist/designer donating their time.
So I have plenty to do in the writing world. Wouldn't object to a miracle so I could spend more time on it, but then I get nervous when I think that. What kind of miracle would have to occur? One that prevents me from getting a regular paycheck or has me bedridden? Can I request a miracle with particulars to my liking or is that wrong? Can't have it both ways or all my way kind of thing? I know, brain ramblings again. Haven't shared those in a while - mostly because I figure they get to be too much. But doesn't stop it from occurring. My head is almost constantly analyzing something, everything, nothing. What happens when this happens? Why did he or she do that or do it that way? Why are people so different and so alike at the same time? Why do some people see the big picture and others don't? Why do some people suffer tragedies and come through them still in a functional state and others don't? I know there are answers to all of those questions and I even have my own answers but it doesn't stop me from thinking about them as they apply to daily situations. Not to mention, what I really think about I can't share without sounding like I am a whack job. Think about Carl Jung. That dude's philosophy was laid out in black and white time and time again for the world to review and pick apart and admire. And yet his one piece of authentic insight to his own mind's ramblings did not come to the surface until after his death. Had anyone known his inner thoughts and turmoils during his career, he would have been rejected as a fraud. And yet his professional insights were authentic too. You can have both - the intellectual insights that others grasp and appreciate and the personal insights that are simply the mind wandering into those places that most would rather not go. The complexities of the human mind, heart, soul are all so fascinating. If I were to spend the time on their analysis the way I would like, I would probably find myself in a black hole - no way to return (and I don't mean going crazy - I mean it is an amazing place to go, looking for the explanations of life, so much so that I could spend forever exploring it). Ok - probably too much for this time of the day. Let's have more coffee and shake it off so I can meander into the routine of society and its expectations.
Cheerio and all that good stuff. I'll touch base over the weekend and let you know where ABR stands. Keep your fingers crossed that momentum finds her way to my manuscript.

No comments:

Post a Comment