Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday morning ramblings...

I wonder what the protocol is for epublishing short stories. Is there a page minimum for adult short stories? Do I have to submit as an anthology? Perhaps I will look into this. Or not. Who the heck knows what I will do. Still waking up the brain. When I was in the routine of getting up early to write on a novel, I would start my routine with a cup (or 6) of coffee or tea and just type away whatever was on my brain - including nonsense. It was an exercise that got the old brain into gear. Writing on the blog has a similiar effect. Although I edit my thoughts a lot more when I am blogging - certian things don't need to be published for other eyes.

Another writing activity I like is to write, write, write (in pencil on paper) and then set the paper ablaze. Toss it in the fireplace. It allows me to write anything - no matter how mean, sad, pathetic and then destroy the evidence. It gives me the opportunity to unlock any self-editing that I impose upon myself. If I don't have to worry that someone will peer into my private thoughts or use my words against me, then it's amazing what will come forth from my noggin. Is that how you spell noggin?

I could do this for hours - just write whatever comes to my brain. The scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz just popped into my head. If only I had a brain...And now my boss comes to mind. She says that if she had a brain, she would be dangerous. Haha! Comic relief at work is a good thing. Thank goodness she gets that concept - gives the ole workday a recharge when needed.

Ok, blah, blah, blah. On and on I could continue but here I am approaching the "to do" part of my day. But hey, it's FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment