Friday, March 18, 2011

would this be considered a LeMayism?

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" - John Wooden

In theory, I like, appreciate, understand the above quote. In my backassward way, it's just an excuse to put it off. Why bother doing it at all if I don't have the time to do it right? Or let it drag on forever and ever beacuse, heck, I don't have the time to do it right, so don't bother finishing and presenting it as done. Keep on working on it because eventually it will be right. I might be 80 years old before it's right. So maybe the saying should be, "Do it right enough the first time, so you don't have to do it over again."

1 comment:

  1. I'm posting my own comment. Just plan on doing it over again so you get it done the first time,albeit not right, knowing there will be a second time. Then it's less waste of time. Because if I put in the second time, it will at least feel like its got to be right now because I did it over again.

    ReplyDelete