Wednesday, March 23, 2011

More Brain Ramblings

I love my computer. She is such a good girl. I could hang out with her all day and be happy. I love the way the keys sound when I tap on them. I love the way they feel when I tap on them. But I hate that I get on the computer and my brian wants to go in one direction - MS Word to write and there is just not enough time. I know which book I want to work on and the characters, especially the lead character, are waving their arms in an attempt to get my attention. "Hello guys! I see you. I hear you. I'm coming!"

And by the way, loquacious does mean "talk too much!" It was funny to read your email to the question, Pamela. It looked like you were implying that I talk too much! Haha! We know how ridiculous that observation is!

Feeling a little bummed because my sales have slowed to a near halt. How do I get the word out? I know there is a period of time until the word gets out on its own but my brain is telling me that the book is not good enough for people to pass on to others. Whah, whah! Crybaby. Yea, I know. I am being pathetic. Has Johnny finished reading it? Is he still enjoying it? Several people have asked me recently how to find the book because they are interested in reading it, but nothing yet. Come on, come on...Impatient am I.

Well, the ironing board is calling me just the same as my characters. At least I don't mind ironing and I get results fairly quickly and it serves a near immediate need. Hmmm...is it worth my time to bother writing my books? Yes, yes, and yes. I know. But still there is a logical path in day-to-day affairs and writing books is still technically a "hobby" and a sanity saver - not an action that serves immediate needs. My sanity is not at stake, currently. I have plenty enough to do as we all do, so partaking in a hobby is not feasible. Hmmm...am I trying to talk myself out of it? My ego needs a jolly good stroke (my writing ego that is). I was pumped for a while that writing is my true path (or part of it) but feeling dismayed by the lack of continued sales. Get over it, LeMay. I am stuck between focusing on pushing THREE CROSSES and working on the next novel. I should do both, but really? My brain is racing with all the things I want to do and need to spend time working on. Get me off this hamster wheel!
:) Good day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment