Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Marketing and other stuff

I went by Barnes & Noble yesterday and spoke to one of the managers about putting up a flyer on their bulletin board - a flyer that offers to visit any book group that reads THREE CROSSES. Do an author Q & A kind of thing. She seemed pleased that I am a local author and wanted to post something about that and not just some flyer about nothing to do with B & N. Anyway, she gave me the business card for their public relations manager. I have to contact her to advertise on their bulletin board. It got me nervous - I am actually doing things (albeit, not much yet) that will promote my book and I realize that in order for me to sell myself to her, I need to boost my B & N sales. I need to get more reviews and more "I Like..." on Facebook.
So...if you haven't bought the book yet, buy it. If you haven't read the book yet, read it. If you haven't reviewed the book yet, review it on BN.com or Amazon.com. If you haven't thumbs up on Facebook yet, you know...do it. Thank you and please. And pleeeease, pass this on to all your friends (and associates).

On a second note: I would like to know which book you would like to see me work on next. 1. Working title: Along Black River - same locale as THREE CROSSES. It is the story that Simon refers to at the end of THREE CROSSES. or 2. Working Title (most likely not the final title): A Miracle for Mackenzie - think Barbara Delinksy (my pen name on my women's/romance books is Catherine Lee). And of course there is COVET - which I would really like to work on as well. Some of you have already read the 1st draft of that one and have really enjoyed it. Oh, decisions, decisions.
If you have a preference, let me know. If you can't send a comment, then click "Funny" in the reaction line if you want Along Black River or click "Interesting" if you want A Miracle for Mackenzie.

I need to figure out if I can add other reactions. Someone suggested a simple "LIKE" would be a good reaction to click. I agree.

Look at the clock - craaaap! I am out of time to be writing/blogging again!

No comments:

Post a Comment