Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2nd posting for A Miracle for Mackenzie

Once again I want to remind you before you read the 2nd posting - this book is in its rarest form. I have not performed any editing, neither for grammar/spelling nor for content. It may or may not read well. This is an example of what a book looks like as it exits my brain (OMG! she mentioned her brain again!). Things will change eventually but I don't usually edit until the 1st draft is completed. I can make notes as I go along. Like for instance - I like Mackenzie going into the pet shop but something about the scene doesn't flow well. I think she accepts his dismissal too fast. But it's okay for a first draft. The next draft will probably have her showing a sense of embarrassment or something to that affect. As I get to know her character more and understand what she would most likely be like, I can make appropriate changes then. But the fact that she so quickly accepts his dismissal in the first draft is a pretty good indication that her self esteem is on the low side (at least at the start of the book) and that will carry through to the next draft.
Thanks for reading:) Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment