Thursday, April 7, 2011

Overload on the poor brain cells

If you have ever watched THE AFRICAN QUEEN, you will recall the scene where Humphrey Bogart's character jumps out of the boat into the murky, mottled, mushy mess of the leech infested water because the boat cannot move on it's own. So he pushes through, tugging the boat by a rope. That's how I feel today. Mostly my fault though since I often pull a Scarlet O'Hara - the whole "I can wait to worry about it tomorrow" mentality. Well every once and awhile, tomorrow comes along and all the stuff I didn't want to deal with yesterday is on my lap and demanding my attention NOW. Well today is that tomorrow and I am going to hyperventilate if I don't get this under control.
My brain is overloaded. BREATHE. JUST BREATHE. And drink more coffee. Coffee is good. Coffee is my friend.
Ok. Take one thing at a time. Which I can shift my brain into that direction, but there's the dark cloud over my head that makes me completely aware of the fact that it won't (can't) all get taken care of NOW. And I don't put stuff off because of laziness (although as a Leo, I am sure I could be diagnosed with a bit of laziness), but because I have a real sense that I can't accomplish it now due to lack of sufficient time or money or capability. There's that word sufficient again! So I shuffle the stuff to get the stuff done that I know I can accomplish NOW which leaves the bigger stuff aside to gather momentum and strength until it is much bigger stuff than it was yesterday.
Do I make any sense whatsoever?
Either way, have a great day. Oh yeah, btw, I am aware that I misspelled restaurant a couple of posts ago. I could fix it, but then I couldn't tell you that I misspelled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment